BEFORE WE GO
Can I get a Coles / Woolworth delivery?
You are welcome to order a grocery delivery to your property but please note this must be arranged for after check in, there will not be anyone present to receive a delivery on your behalf. Please note grocery delivery is not available on Hamilton Island and groceries can be purchased at the island IGA.
What coffee machine is there?
Most of our properties have a Nespresso Pod machine except for the following –
- Edge 16 - Caffitaly coffee pod machine.
- Oasis 1 - Delonghi Dolce Gusto pod machine.
- Temple 312 - Dolce Gusto pod machine.
- Pavillions 2 - Jura coffee machine that takes coffee beans.
- Tenterfield on Oak - coffee machine that takes ground coffee.
- Pavillions 1 - ground coffee machine.
Will there be pool towels?
All our guests are provided with one pool and one bath towel per person. Laundry facilities are available at the property. Studio guests at Sea Temple do not have laundry facilities and will receive more towels for use.
Will cot linen be provided?
You will need to bring your own linen for the cot. The supplied cot is a portacot.
Do I need to pre-book activities?
We always recommend pre-booking activities in advance if there is a particular must see tour you wish to do or if you are not flexible with days. You can pre-book tours here with Experience Oz.
For Hamilton Island please contact us as we have options that are not available on the Experience Oz website which we can book for you. We do not charge for our time.
Will someone pick me up from airport?
If you are arriving on Hamilton Island you will be greeted at the airport by a valet who will transport you to your property. For all other destinations you will need to arrange a taxi, shuttle transfer or car hire.
Can I get an early check in?
Due to the amount of work that is required to prepare our properties early check ins are usually not available and we recommend you book your arrangements around it.
- On Hamilton Island your valet will take you to your property and store your luggage and give you access to the buggy while you wait for check in.
- In Palm Cove if you advise us of your flight times and the property is ready early we will call to advise.
- For all other properties an early check in cannot be granted and luggage storage is not possible.
How will I get the keys for the property?
- On Hamilton Island your valet will give you keys.
- At the Birdcage our caretaker will meet you at the agreed time.
- For all other properties it is a self-check in and prior to your arrival you will receive an email with the code for the key box.
DURING MY STAY
Where is the Wi-Fi password?
The Wi-Fi username and password will be on the modem.
My Wi-Fi isn't working / data capped
If the modem is a Telstra Netgear please follow these instructions:
If the device is plugged into a USB charger and into power point but there is nothing on the screen of the WIFI device please do the following:
- Remove back cover from Wi-Fi device.
- Take out battery.
- Ensure sim card is firmly in device.
- Put battery back into the device and replace front cover. This should then make the screen light up.
If that does not work and the device had been plugged into the power for some time, please let us know.
If your device says 'data is exceeding its allowance', please note it is just the data for that modem, we have an override account providing more data. Please note, whilst there is no cap on data it is not designed for streaming.
Where is my portacot / extra bed / highchair?
All portacots, extra beds and highchairs are stored in either wardrobes or cupboards.
How do I put up the portacot?
You must secure the sides before securing the base in place. Watch this tutorial for a step by step guide.
Can I get more toilet rolls / towels / coffee pods?
We provide all properties with a complemintary starter pack with essentials for your convenience to get you started. As this is a self-catering stay, you will need to top up these essentials yourself from a supermarket.
Where do we take rubbish?
Place all bins in the wheely bins. You will need to put the bins out on bin day.
On Hamilton Island many apartments and town houses have wheely bin enclosures at the end of the driveways near the street which are emptied by island management.
Who do we call for maintenance problems?
Please call Luxury Holidays on 07 5641 0108 if you have any maintenance issues or questions.
Who do we tell of we broke something?
Please call Luxury Holidays on 07 5641 0108 so we can arrange repairs or replacements.
TIME TO LEAVE
What time is my transfer tomorrow?
Valet service is included for Hamilton Island guests only. The valet will send you an SMS between 4.30pm and 6pm the day prior to departure with all your check out and transfer details.
Can I store my luggage somewhere?
There is nowhere to store your luggage after check out unless specified differently by your valet via your departure SMS.
Can I have a late check out?
Late check outs cannot usually be granted on Hamilton Island, Port Douglas, Oak Beach and Gold Coast due to high demand and lengthy cleaning times and amount of maintenance required to keep the properties of high standard.
HAMILTON ISLAND ONLY
Is a buggy included in our accommodation?
All our properties include a 4 seat buggy. Iluka, Uisce, Vue and Yacht Club Villas have two buggies available for guests. Any additional buggies will need to be hired. Please contact our team in advance to hire a buggy from Buggy Hire.
How do we get around the island if there are more than 4 of us?
We can hire additional buggies from buggy hire for you (subject to availability) for $138.90 per day. There are also complimentary buses around the island you can use. Otherwise, most location are walkable on the island or you can do multiple trips on the buggy.
Do I need a car seat for my child?
The QLD Department of Transport policy is very specific regarding children travelling in golf buggies on Hamilton Island. The following rules apply:
- 0 < 6 months old: A passenger less than six months old must be restrained in an Australian government-approved rearward-facing infant restraint, located in the front seat, and secured to an engineered anchor point and fitted seatbelt.
- 6 months < 4 years: A passenger of at least six months old, but less than four years old must be restrained in an Australian government-approved forward-facing child restraint and secured to an engineered anchor point and fitted seat belt.
- 4 years < 7 years old: A passenger of at least four years old, but less than seven years old must be restrained in an Australian government-approved forward-facing child restraint or by a seatbelt.
- A passenger four years old and above must not occupy the front passenger seating position if there is another passenger who is less than four years old.
- Children are not permitted to travel on the lap of another passenger.
All buggies have at least 2 anchor points for Australian government-approved child restraints and have seat belts fitted.
There are Australian government-approved seats available for rental on the island from Hamilton Island Valet Services at a cost of $65 per stay.
You can hire one from Hamilton Island Valet Services by booking online here - Hamilton Island Valet Services - Car Seat Booking Form
Please read the following before booking:
- Please ensure you input the date and approx time of arrival so the valet company can do their best to fit the seat prior to your arrival.
- Please ensure you input the property address when booking so the valet know where you are staying. The property name, Hamilton Island and 4803. EG Shorelines 27, Hamilton Island 4803 (you do not need the street name).
- Please ensure you book the correct car seat for your child. Please see the guidelines from the QLD government below.
Can my 20 year old drive the buggy?
Guests must be over 23 and hold a full drivers license to drive our buggies.
How do I charge the buggy?
Club cars have a retractable cord at the back which needs plugging in over night to charge. Ezygo buggies have a retractable cord at the back and often another cord that needs plugging in under the seat to charge. Some Ezygo buggies have been converted to only have a back cord.
Are non-motorised watersports included?
We keep our accommodation costs down by not including free watersports though you can hire these at a small fee from a hut on the beach.
Can kids eat free at the restaurants?
We keep our accommodation costs down by not including kids eat free, though kids meals are affordable at multiple eateries on Hamilton Island.
Can I use the pools at the main resort?
Yes, you can use the pools at the main resort including the main pool with swim up bar.