Hamilton Island is a slice of paradise, a natural wonder and tropical haven.
Hamilton Island tempts tourists in their droves and is one of the largest of the 74 islands which form part of the Whitsundays. The pristine landscape begs to be explored. With a plethora of things to do on Hamilton Island, you can fill your days with excitement, tranquillity, and unforgettable memories.
Voice from Our Guest - Why I Chose Hamilton Island for My Luxury Holiday
Why did I fall head over heels for Hamilton Island as my perfect luxury holiday spot? Let me tell you - it's a mesmerising blend of peace, beauty, and indulgence. Hamilton Island welcomed me with open arms into its tranquil yet vibrant world. I found myself surrounded by pristine sandy beaches, the calming lush tropical landscapes, and the clear waters were straight out of a fairytale. It truly is a piece of heaven for those like me who have a soft spot for nature's charm and luxury experiences!
Table of Contents
- How to get to Hamilton Island
- Travelling Around Hamilton Island
- The Best Time to Visit Hamilton Island
- What to Do on Hamilton Island
- Where I Stayed on Hamilton Island
- Dining on Hamilton Island
- Travelling Style for Hamilton Island
How to get to Hamilton Island
Arriving on Hamilton Island is an adventure in itself. You can fly directly into Hamilton Island Airport from major cities like Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane. The anticipation builds as you catch glimpses of the azure waters and stunning landscapes from above, knowing that an island of luxury and adventure awaits!
Travelling Around Hamilton Island
Getting around Hamilton Island is pretty simple, thanks to the availability of golf buggies for exploring the island. As a guest of Luxury Holidays, you'll have access to a complimentary electric golf buggy, allowing you to venture across the island at your own leisure.
The Best Time to Visit Hamilton Island
Hamilton Island is a year-round destination, but an especially lively time to visit is during the iconic Hamilton Island Race Week, held every August. Watching the yachts race against the backdrop of the Whitsundays would definitely be a unique and thrilling experience!
What to Do on Hamilton Island
There's no shortage of things to do on Hamilton Island, and each day brought a new adventure. Here are some suggestions for your own trip:
- Take to the sea by SUP or kayak or snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef. Snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef was a highlight of my trip, offering a close-up view of Australia's vibrant marine life.
- Marvel at the yachts racing around during the iconic Hamilton Island Race Week held in August every year.
- Meander your way around the island on a Golf Buggy.
- Take in a stunning sunset and panoramic views at One Tree Hill Lookout.
- Board a helicopter and head out to Heart Reef.
- Grab a boat and spend the day at iconic Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet. The pristine white sands and clear waters of Hill Inlet are a wonderful sight.
- Enjoy a delightful breakfast with adorable koalas at the Wildlife Cafe on Hamilton Island. This cafe offers families the unique opportunity to enjoy a meal while in close proximity to these adorable animals. If you are bringing kids, this is an activity the whole family will enjoy!
- Try watersports at Catseye Beach. Here, you'll find kiosks renting out paddleboards, kayaks, snorkelling equipment, and windsurfing gear for a fabulous time in the water. Nearby the marina, you'll also have the opportunity to arrange jetski and waterski excursions.
- For golf enthusiasts, Hamilton Island is nothing short of paradise. It is home to an internationally renowned golf course, perfect for experiencing a match amidst the pristine beauty of the Whitsundays.
- Explore one of Hamilton Island’s hiking trails.
Where I Stayed on Hamilton Island
Now that you know what to do on Hamilton Island, let’s talk accommodation. Luxury Holidays offers a diverse range of options that cater to every need.
Why I Chose Luxury Holidays
I had the most amazing time at Hamilton Island, staying at the Edge 5 Oceanfront 3-Bedroom Apartment from Luxury Holidays.
Why did I choose it?
- For one, it offered dreamy ocean views, accentuated by its open layout and high ceilings.
- It was also conveniently close to the marina, shops, and eateries, which made my stay hassle-free.
- And lastly, Luxury Holidays offered a free golf buggy and access to shared pools, which was like the cherry on top of my holiday sundae!
When looking at Luxury Holidays' accommodation on Hamilton Island, I chose Edge 5, as I was drawn to its spaciousness, luxurious spa bath, and the privacy its layout offered. Some other great options to choose from were Bella Vista East 5, Yacht Harbour Tower 5 and Edge 2, each with stunning views and locations.
Pet owners should keep in mind, however, that pets are not allowed at the accommodation.
My Recommendation For Dining on Hamilton Island
- You can self-cater your meals and purchase from the IGA Supermarket which has a range of fresh food, located in Front Street.
- The Hamilton Island bottle shop is open from 10am to 7pm, located next door to the IGA in Front Street.
- Visit Bob's Bakery for freshly baked treats, located at 137 Front Street.
- Hamilton Island has lots of award winning restaurants, cafes and bistros with choices to suit every budget and taste. A few restaurants even have 'kids eat free' for under 12s.
Travelling Style for Hamilton Island
As a Solo Male or Female Traveller
Life’s too short to wait for someone to travel with! The Great Barrier Reef, Catseye Beach and hiking are a must.
As a Couple
After exploring the Great Barrier Reef, why not grab a boat with your special someone and spend the day at iconic Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet?
As a Family
Visitors of all ages will love exploring the Great Barrier Reef. Experimenting with watersports at Catseye Beach calls for a fun family day out, or perhaps have breakfast with koalas at the Wildlife Cafe on Hamilton Island.